We expect the meeting to last approximately one hour. As our eleventh full Annual General Meeting, the members’ main tasks are to receive the report of the Directors, consider the financial statements for the year ending March 31st, 2013, select new board members as required, and appoint auditors. This year the members must also consider changes to the organization’s bylaws and incorporation documents to conform to the new Canada Non-Profit Corporations Act.
The following documents will be available on this page on or before Tuesday March 4th:
- Notice, Agenda & Proxy
- Financial Statements
- President’s Report
- Minutes of the February 2013 Annual General Meeting
- Revised by-laws (comparison to original) and Articles
How to Participate:
You can participate in the AGM in one of three ways:
- In person, Iqaluit: come to the board room on the first floor of Building 208 – 1:00pm Eastern time on March 7th
- By phone in all communities: dial in toll-free to participate over the phone at 1:00 pm Eastern (12:00pm Central, 11:00am Mountain) March 7th. Contact NBDC for more information.
- By Proxy: If you cannot attend in person or by phone, you can ask another member to attend on your behalf. Please fill in the proxy form and fax it to NBDC at 866 383-6315 by Tuesday March 4th, 5:00 pm ET, or have the proxy presented at the AGM by the member you have selected to represent you.
Election of Directors
There are 5 vacant positions. The following candidates indicated their interest in serving on the NBDC board:
- Darrell Ohokannoak (Cambridge Bay)
- Mike Perry (Cape Dorset)
- Joey Evalik (Cambridge Bay)
- John Aglukark (Rankin Inlet)
To put your name forward for a volunteer board position, please send your name, email address and phone number as well as a short statement of interest to agm[at]nunavut-broadband[dot]ca by 5pm ET March 3rd in order for your name to be presented to the full membership.
Any remaining vacant position will be filled at a later date.
The meeting will be held in English. NBDC will attempt to provide interpretation if requested by members. If you do require interpretation for participating in the meeting, please let us know as soon as possible (and indicate which language you require).
To become a member of NBDC, you must be a resident of Nunavut and of legal age. Please fill out and return a membership application form before February 21st, 5:00 pm ET in order to be eligible to vote at the March 7 AGM.