As our twelfth full Annual General Meeting, the members’ main tasks are to receive the report of the Directors, consider the financial statements for the year ending March 31st, 2014, select new board members as required, and appoint auditors.
The following documents are now available online:
- Proxy form
- 2013-2014 Consolidated Financial Statements
- President’s Report
- Minutes of the March 2014 Annual General Meeting
How to Participate
You can participate in the AGM in one of three ways:
- In person, Iqaluit: come to the board room on the first floor of Building 208 – 4:00pm Eastern time on February 27th
- By web conference: NBDC members can participate remotely via web conferencing. Contact NBDC for more information. Registration is required ahead of time and participants are strongly encouraged to register by February 23rd to ensure that you have the minimum system requirements to participate via web conferencing.
- By Proxy: If you cannot attend in person or web conference, you can ask another member to attend on your behalf. Please fill in the proxy form and fax it to NBDC at 866-383-6315 by Monday February 23rd, 5:00 pm ET, or have the proxy presented at the AGM by the member you have selected to represent you.
Election of Directors
There are 3 open positions. The following candidates indicated their interest in serving on the NBDC board:
- Eric Anoee (Arviat)
To put your name forward for a volunteer board position, please send your name, email address and phone number as well as a short statement of interest to agm[at]nunavut-broadband[dot]ca by 5pm ET February 13th in order for your name to be presented to the full membership. Any remaining vacant position will be filled at a later date.
The meeting will be held in English. NBDC will attempt to provide interpretation if requested by members. If you do require interpretation for participating in the meeting, please let us know as soon as possible (and indicate which language you require).
You must be a member of the Nunavut Broadband Development Corporation to vote at the AGM. To become a member of NBDC, you must be a resident of Nunavut and of legal age. Please fill out and return a membership application form before February 13th, 5:00 pm ET. The Board will meet to review all membership applications prior to the February 27 AGM.