Tools for Nunavut's satellite-served environment
Two new broadband services developed under the Infrastructure II Project were launched during the 2010 Nunavut Trade Show:
- QFile, is a web based solution to transfer and store large files between Nunavut communities
- Meet Online is a suite of audio and video conferencing solutions designed for Nunavut’s satellite-served environment
The new services addressed needs and challenges that were identified through extensive consultations leading up to the Infrastructure II business plan.
The September 22, 2010 launch included a live demonstration. The Hon. Leona Aglukkaq, Member of Parliament for Nunavut, Minister of Health and Minister Responsible for the North, participated from Ottawa via the new Meet Online service. The technology worked perfectly, showcasing by example one of the many practical uses for a public broadband video conferencing service in Nunavut.
For more information, please consult the press release.
Selected media coverage:
- Internet file sharing, conferencing tools launched, Northern News Service
- Meet Online and QFile Launch at Nunavut Trade Show, CBC News Northbeat
- Nunavut Broadband Rolls Out New Services, Nunatsiaq News